Here’s the great thing about short weeks – the weekend gets here that much faster. So what to do, what to do? Ah, we know…
1. Livermore’s Children’s Fair is this weekend and today’s Taking the Kids column takes ‘em there, with all the details.
2. The world yo-yo championships are at San Francisco’s Exploratorium this Saturday – who knew? Swing by and check out the pros doing the Atom Smasher, the Boingy Boingy and, of course, Walk the Dog.
3. Oakley’s First Friday Concert features all kinds of kids’ activities, plus the Freedom High choir and other entertainment tomorrow night.
4. A pinball museum exhibit? Acrobats? Check out Family Day at Walnut Creek’s Bedford Gallery on Sunday.
5. And finally, has anyone checked out the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39? We haven’t visited this underwater tunnel exhibit, but now they’re also offering behind-the-scenes visits and a “Sleep with the Sharks” deal. No, no, not in the Tony Soprano “sleep with the fishes” way. This one involves sleeping bags. Pricey, but it sounds memorable. (P.S. If you go, let us know how it is.)
– Jackie Burrell