Here’s the great thing about short weeks â the weekend gets here that much faster. So what to do, what to do? Ah, we knowâŚ
1. Livermoreâs Children’s Fair is this weekend and today’s Taking the Kids column takes âem there, with all the details.
2. The world yo-yo championships are at San Franciscoâs Exploratorium this Saturday â who knew? Swing by and check out the pros doing the Atom Smasher, the Boingy Boingy and, of course, Walk the Dog.
3. Oakleyâs First Friday Concert features all kinds of kidsâ activities, plus the Freedom High choir and other entertainment tomorrow night.
4. A pinball museum exhibit? Acrobats? Check out Family Day at Walnut Creekâs Bedford Gallery on Sunday.
5. And finally, has anyone checked out the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39? We havenât visited this underwater tunnel exhibit, but now theyâre also offering behind-the-scenes visits and a âSleep with the Sharksâ deal. No, no, not in the Tony Soprano âsleep with the fishesâ way. This one involves sleeping bags. Pricey, but it sounds memorable. (P.S. If you go, let us know how it is.)
- Jackie Burrell