Fall’s a bustling time as every city and park tries to squeeze in just one more warm-weather festival or open air concert. We’ll see if the weather cooperates this weekend, but here’s a list of fab five family outings, some indoors and some out:
1) Make cider, bob for apples and play old-time games at Livermore’s annual Apple Fest. Saturday at 2 p.m. at Ravenswood historic site, 2647 Arroyo Road.
2) The annual Walnut Festival brings a ferris wheel, rides, games and a giant King Nut to Walnut Creek’s Heather Farm this weekend.
3) There’s Balinese music and dance at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Gardens with Gamelan Sekar Jaya…
4) Fantasy play for tots at Berkeley’s Habitot.
5) Or head over to the Oakland Museum to stroll through the Gold Rush and natural science exhibits, and the contemporary totem pole gallery too – the totem poles were made by Oakland teens.