1) Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to the Black Diamond Mines we go to catch “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” on the outdoor movie screen Saturday, Sept. 29, in Antioch.
2) The Sally Ride Science Fest, a full day of scientific fun and hands-on workshops for girls grades 5-8, comes to NASA Ames, Moffett Field, this Saturday, Sept. 29…
3) Saturday’s Children’s Art and Literacy Festival features face painting, storytelling and Mother Goose at the Child Care Council,1035 Detroit Avenue in Concord. http://www.cocokids.org
4) The Home Front Festival by the Bay alights on Richmond’s waterfront this weekend, with the launch of the Rosie the Riveter World War II Home Front National Historical Park, plus crafts, food booths and a kid zone.
5) And Sunday is “Out and About Rockridge,” a street fair with family-friendly entertainment, including performances by Asheba, a rock climbing wall and more.
P.S. It’s also Smithsonian Family Day at local museums this Saturday. Go to this link, print out the coupon and voila – free admission for two to Chabot Space & Science Center, the California Academy of Sciences, the Exploratorium, the Blackhawk Automotive Museum and more.