By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, December 6th, 2007 at 9:28 am in Family Outings.
Here’s what’s up this weekend for families around the Bay:
1) Santa rocks the boat at San Francisco’s Aquarium of the Bay this Sunday with a Hard Rock Café-catered lunch, photo opps, holiday crafts and self-guided Aquarium tours. ($15-$45, reservations required, bring your camera)
2) Walnut Creek’s annual Reindeer Breakfast – reindeer-shaped pancakes, music, crafts and more – is this Saturday morning at Heather Farm ($5) .
3) Yearning for something sweet? Check out “Sweet Ice: Winter Dreamscape” at the Exploratorium this Saturday, when the pastry artists of Citizen Cake, San Francisco’s award-winning patisserie, create an edible, frosting festooned winter landscape.
4) Oakland’s MOCHA (Museum of Children’s Art) hosts a light-filled art workshop Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. Make a menorah, candelabra or Kinara, using wood, tin and paints. ($7)
5) Or burn off a little steam at Lucky JuJu, Alameda’s pinball palace and the perfect antidote to holiday mall frenzy.