Looking for family fun this weekend? Here’s a Fab Five roundup…
1) The annual Christmas Revels take families on a joyous musical ride through the 19th century English countryside this weekend, led by comic actor Geoff Hoyle (pictured above – you also know him as Zazu, his Tony-nominated role in Broadway’s “Lion King”) at Oakland’s Scottish Rite Temple. (Tickets $15-$50)
2) Rialto Cinemas Elmwood continues its holiday kiddie matinees – just $2 a pop and it benefits four local PTAs – this weekend with “The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie” at 10 a.m. and noon Saturday and noon on Sunday.
3) We hear Tilden Park‘s merry-go-round has gone all wintry and fantastical. Hit the steam trains and the Little Farm, then go ride the carousel. ($2)
4) “Wrap It Up!” at MOCHA’s family art workshop this Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. Make wrapping paper, cards and decorations. ($7)
5) Or, if you’ve had enough holiday folderol, go rock climbing in Livermore. Livermore Park & Rec is hosting an open house at Valley Rock Climbing Gym, 2455 Railroad Ave., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the 15th. Two free climbs, including harness and shoe rentals. Santa would approve.