By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, December 20th, 2007 at 2:42 pm in Family Outings.
Looking for some family fun this weekend? Here’s what’s happening around the Bay…Â
1) Tired of all those Sugar Plum fairies? Check out the Mark Morris Dance Groupâ€™s â€śHard Nut,â€ť a wacky riff on the classic â€śNutcracker,â€ť at Berkeleyâ€™s Zellerbach Hall this weekend.
2) MOCHAâ€™s winter weekend workshops continue with â€śHanging Around,â€ť a family art afternoon dedicated to ornaments and wreaths on the 22nd from 1 to 4 p.m. and â€śHome Sweet Home,â€ť complete with candy cottages and cookie castles on the 23rd. ($7)
3) The last of those $2 holiday kid matinees is this weekendÂ - â€śStuart Littleâ€ť lights up the screen at the Rialto Cinemas Elmwood (2966 College, Berkeley).
4) Make â€śWild Musicâ€ť at Lawrence Hall of Science. ($5.50-$10)
5) Or take in â€śMiracle on 34th Streetâ€ť at Lafayetteâ€™s charming Town Hall Theater, now through Dec. 29. ($12-$32)