Looking for some weekend family fun? Hereâ€™s a Fab Five round-up for Feb. 2-3.
1. Gawk at a centuryâ€™s worth of cable cars at San Franciscoâ€™s Cable Car Barn and Museum (pictured above, open daily).
2. Livermore Park & Rec is hosting the Tri-Valleyâ€™s biggest super football party on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Livermore Community Center. Enormous 12×14 ft. screen for the game, BBQ concession stands, plus a screening of “Shark’s Tale” and gym games next door if the kids get antsy. (Free, but rspvs are needed, call 925-373-5748.)
3. Oaklandâ€™s Museum of Childrenâ€™s Art‘s is doing a family art workshop on Chinese New Year lanterns and dragon puppets, Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m. ($7 for materials)
4. Unleash your inner thespian at Berkeley Repâ€™s free Family Theater Workshop, Sunday, 11 a.m. (Preschoolers and up)
5. Or celebrate the Year of the Rat at San Franciscoâ€™s Asian Art Museum on Saturday â€” lion dancers, Chinese percussion, author appearance by Oliver Chin, author of â€śYear of the Rat,â€ť and art workshops, noon to 4 p.m. (Free for kids 12 and under)