Looking for some weekend family fun? Here’s a Fab Five round-up for Feb. 2-3.
1. Gawk at a century’s worth of cable cars at San Francisco’s Cable Car Barn and Museum (pictured above, open daily).
2. Livermore Park & Rec is hosting the Tri-Valley’s biggest super football party on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Livermore Community Center. Enormous 12×14 ft. screen for the game, BBQ concession stands, plus a screening of “Shark’s Tale” and gym games next door if the kids get antsy. (Free, but rspvs are needed, call 925-373-5748.)
3. Oakland’s Museum of Children’s Art‘s is doing a family art workshop on Chinese New Year lanterns and dragon puppets, Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m. ($7 for materials)
4. Unleash your inner thespian at Berkeley Rep’s free Family Theater Workshop, Sunday, 11 a.m. (Preschoolers and up)
5. Or celebrate the Year of the Rat at San Francisco’s Asian Art Museum on Saturday — lion dancers, Chinese percussion, author appearance by Oliver Chin, author of “Year of the Rat,” and art workshops, noon to 4 p.m. (Free for kids 12 and under)