Looking for some weekend family fun? Here’s the round-up
1. Check out the “Amore! Amore!” festivities at Danville’s Blackhawk Automotive Museum Feb. 10 when a “family funshop” celebrates all things Italian — glossy cars, Ninja Turtles and make-your-own heart-shaped pizza.
2. Make Valentines at Berkeley’s Habitot Children’s Museum, then add your own touch to a giant heart sculpture Feb 8-9 from 9:30 to 4 p.m., and Feb. 12-14 9:30-1 p.m. (Bring in Valentine-y art supplies to share and you get in free.)
3. Feel the need for speed? The new “Speed” exhibit opens at Lawrence Hall of Science this weekend. ($5.50-$10)
4. Check out a grand salute to aerial firefighters aboard the USS Hornet in Alameda. Meet firebomber pilots and check out the new exhibit starting at 1 p.m. Saturday. ($6-$14)
5. Or how about an Environmental Family Film Fest? Diablo Valley College and the Kids Environmental Action Network are showing “An Inconvenient Truth” Friday at 7 p.m. at DVC, plus “Who Killed the Electric Car” on 2/21 and more flicks through March. ($4)