By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, April 24th, 2008 at 7:58 am in Family Outings.
1. Got peanuts? Or the baby blues? The Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa is hosting Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman, creators of the comic strip â€śBaby Blues,â€ť this Sunday at 1 p.m. for a talk and book signing. (Pregnant women get in free. Everyone else is $5-$8)
2. Check out First Five’s Childrenâ€™s Fair in East County Saturday from 10 to 2 â€“ educational booths for grown-ups, and a petting zoo, arts and crafts, bouncy house, amusement park rides and fun activities for the kids. All free at Small World Park in Pittsburg.
3. Got a Webkinz fan at home? Livermoreâ€™s Richards Arts & Crafts is hosting a Webkinz extravaganza â€“ events, games, prizes – Friday through Sunday.
4. Take a jaunt down the coast Sunday for the Monterey Aquariumâ€™s Dia del Nino. Check out the new Splash Zone, then enjoy mariachis, folkloric dancers, skits, arts and crafts. Kids 12 and under are free all day. ($24.95 for grown-ups)
5. Or zip over to Sausalitoâ€™s Bay Area Discovery Museum Saturday for the Prescott Circus Theatre, a West Oakland childrenâ€™s circus troupe that incorporates African-American culture into their acrobatics. Best of all, the audience gets a juggling/dancing/spinning lesson too. ($8 for the show at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., plus museum admission)
Other suggestions? Click “comments” and add them!