By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, April 24th, 2008 at 7:58 am in Family Outings.
1. Got peanuts? Or the baby blues? The Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa is hosting Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman, creators of the comic strip “Baby Blues,” this Sunday at 1 p.m. for a talk and book signing. (Pregnant women get in free. Everyone else is $5-$8)
2. Check out First Five’s Children’s Fair in East County Saturday from 10 to 2 – educational booths for grown-ups, and a petting zoo, arts and crafts, bouncy house, amusement park rides and fun activities for the kids. All free at Small World Park in Pittsburg.
3. Got a Webkinz fan at home? Livermore’s Richards Arts & Crafts is hosting a Webkinz extravaganza – events, games, prizes – Friday through Sunday.
4. Take a jaunt down the coast Sunday for the Monterey Aquarium’s Dia del Nino. Check out the new Splash Zone, then enjoy mariachis, folkloric dancers, skits, arts and crafts. Kids 12 and under are free all day. ($24.95 for grown-ups)
5. Or zip over to Sausalito’s Bay Area Discovery Museum Saturday for the Prescott Circus Theatre, a West Oakland children’s circus troupe that incorporates African-American culture into their acrobatics. Best of all, the audience gets a juggling/dancing/spinning lesson too. ($8 for the show at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., plus museum admission)
Other suggestions? Click “comments” and add them!