By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, May 15th, 2008 at 7:25 am in Family Outings.
1. Fifty authors, 25 libraries, one grand read-aloud festival! Join in the special activities and meet kid lit authors and illustrators including Zilpha Keatley Snyder, the San Souci brothers, Frank Portman – author of teen sensation “King Dork” – Penny Warner and more all weekend long at Contra Costa’s libraries. (Free)
2. Catch Dr. Noize, the award-winning musician and author, at the Bay Area Discovery Museum Saturday at 11 a.m. ($6-$8 plus museum admission)
3. Live music, arts and crafts, kickboxing and pop culture converge at the Asian Heritage Street Celebration this Saturday in Japantown from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
4. Get your abracadabra on at the Spencers Theatre of Illusion‘s dazzling, high tech magic show this Sunday at 2 p.m. ($11-$31) at Livermore’s Bankhead Theater.
5. The fifth annual Danville International Children’s Film Festival runs Friday through Sunday ($7-$10 for a one-day pass).