By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, May 29th, 2008 at 9:04 am in Family Outings.
1. Save Ferris! Anyone? Anyone? And enjoy free movies at the park tomorrow night when the Moraga Youth Involvement Committee screens “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” at the Moraga Commons at 8 p.m. (Orinda’s Teen Council hosts a similar screening at the Orinda Community Center Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m., tickets $5)
2. Pleasantonâ€™s Children’s Arts Festival is this Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. at Centennial Park. Sculpt clay, do pastels, make collages and create a miniature ocean scene at one of the dozen art workshops. Need details? Cal park & rec at (925) 931-5340.
3. It’s a fiesta at Walnut Creek’s Lindsay Wildlife Museum this Sunday from 2:30-7 p.m. Animals, music, Mexican food, children’s activities, big fun. (Tickets $5-$30)
4. Check out the Urban Kidz Film Series when it kicks off the 10th Annual San Francisco Black Film Festival Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. Featuring flicks for preschoolers to tweens, the kids film series unfolds at the Museum of the African Diaspora, 685 Mission St., SF. (Free for kids, $10 for grown-ups)
5. Or stock up on baby gear at the Twins by the Bayâ€™s mega-garage sale this Saturday from 8 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. at Eagles Hall, 2305 Alameda Ave, Alameda. Proceeds benefit families in need.
More weekend fun? Click “comments” and add it here.