By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, June 19th, 2008 at 8:05 am in Family Outings.
1. Catch the fun at Children’s Fairyland’s Storyteller Weekend with Native American stories Saturday amd Sunday at 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. and African tales at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. ($6)
2. It’s “Family Dive In Movie Night” featuring “Flipper” this Friday from 7 to 9:30pm at Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park ($5-$8)
3. Join “Bluegrass for the Greenbelt,” a benefit concert for the Greenbelt Alliance, this Sunday at 2 p.m. at Oakland’s Dunsmuir estate. Music by Hot Buttered Rum, Laurie Lewis and the Right Hands, and The Wronglers. Plus, REI Berkeley is hosting an interactive Kids Corner. (Pricey for grownups at $40 a pop, but hey, it’s a fund-raiser, and kids under 12 are free.)
4. Check out the First Five Kids Fair – petting zoo, arts and crafts, face painting and more – at Concord’s Ellis Lake Park Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. And the annual Alameda County Fair opens Friday with shows, rides, animals and all the usual hoopla. (You can buy individual admission and ride tickets, but the $41 family pack includes admission for two adults and two kids, parking and 30 ride coupons)