By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, July 31st, 2008 at 6:05 am in Family Outings.
1. Clowns, flying trapeze artists and other Circus Vargas excitement lands at Richmond’s Hilltop Mall today through Aug. 4, before heading to San Jose, San Francisco, Hayward and Oakland. ($15-$40)
2. Join the Exploratorium folks tonight for a Total Solar Eclipse slumber party, complete with Chinese Uyghur dancers, horizontal harps and Chinese storyteller. Pack your sleeping bag and camp out on the museum floor at the party ($11-$16), or watch the webcast online.
3. Nickelodeon’s Slime Across America tour oozes onto San Franciscoâ€™s Golden Gate Park Panhandle, 1702 Oak St. and Masonic, this Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. Stage show, performances and, of course, the chance to get slimed.
4. Didgeridoos headline at the Bay Area Discovery Museum this Saturday at 11 a.m. Australian Outback storytelling performance that includes musical demos and the haunting sound of this aboriginal instrument. ($8 plus museum admission)
5. Got a baseball buff? Get a player’s eye view of AT&T Park with a ballpark tour that takes you from dugouts to luxury suites, 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on non-game days. ($6-$10)
And next week… check out Pleasanton’s lead up to the Running of the Cows.
Some 28 painted cows – including these “cross-town rival heifers” from Amador Valley and Foothill High Schools – will start popping up in downtown Pleasanton at the First Wednesday Street Party Aug. 6 starting at 6 p.m. … with more bovine events to come. Free.