By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 at 6:30 am in Family Outings.
1. Take a flashlight tour aboard the USS Hornet, an aircraft carrier berthed in Alameda, Saturday morning. Or do a family sleepover tomorrow night. ($35 for the flashlight tour, $100 for the overnight, but regular admission is $6-$14.)
2. Scamper down to San Jose’s remarkable Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum this Sunday at 12:30 p.m. for a little archaeological family fun. The monthly “Little Scarabs” program offers archaeology digs, DIY sarcophagi and other fun – a different activity each month. (Free with museum admission – $5-$9)
3. Build a fantasy cityscape at Oakland’s MOCHA this Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. ($7 per child for materials)
4. Zip up to Sacramento for the opening of California’s State Fair. ($6-$10 admission, parking and ride tickets are extra.)
5. Or catch a free harp concert at the Pleasanton Library Sunday at 2 p.m.