By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, September 25th, 2008 at 5:29 am in Family Outings.
1. The dazzling Shangri-La Chinese Acrobats take center stage tomorrow at 8 p.m. at Pleasanton’s Amador Theater. ($10-$30)
2. Oakland’s free Sundays in the Redwoods concerts swing into high gear when the Oakland East Bay Symphony performs a “Thousand Strings” concert that includes 12-year-old cellist Clark Pang and Destiny the “Harpist from the Hood.” It all goes down Sunday at 4 p.m. at Oakland’s Woodminster Amphitheatre in Joaquin Miller Park.
3. The California Academy of Sciences‘s grand reopening festivities are this weekend. Enjoy live music and dance and the Academy’s dazzling new space free on Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
4. Then venture out and enjoy a whole bunch of free museums. Saturday is Smithsonian Museum Day, and Chabot, the Exploratorium, the Benicia Historical Museum, Blackhawk and other Bay Area museums are throwing open their doors free of charge. But you’ll need an admission card. Download it here.
5. Looking for something fun on Sunday? Check out Pleasanton’s Museum on Main and its new “Once Upon a Time” family-friendly event with stories and activities for kids from 5 to 6:30 p.m. ($5 per child)