By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, October 16th, 2008 at 6:36 am in Family Outings.
1. Got teens? Join the X-treme sports fun at the Icer Air extravaganza at San Francisco’s McCovey Cove, in the lot next to the ball park, on Saturday, Oct. 18. Watch some of the most spectacular skiers, snowboarders, skaters and moto-x teams in an exhibition showcase, listen to music and check out this extreme-fest from noon to 8 p.m. ($28-$48)
2. Celebrate Simcha in the Sukkah this Sunday, Oct. 19, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Jewish Community Center of the East Bay in Berkeley. Nosh on Yiddish delicacies, enjoy klezmer music and dance, storytelling and movies for all ages. ($5-$18)
3. Ichabod Crane, headless horsemen and Halloween spookiness abound when Pleasanton’s Amador Theater presents “Legend of Sleepy Hollow” Oct. 17-19 and 24-26. ($8-$20)
4. Bike bling, anyone? Join the staff at Danville’s Blackhawk Auto Museum this Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. for a bike-centric, hands-on “family funshop.” Learn bicycle safety, deck out your bike, and check out the fun activities. Free with admission.
5. And the Chabot Space and Science Center celebrates National Earth Science Week with earthquake shakes, gold panning and the Lego Solar Car Challenge this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Free with general admission)