By Jackie Burrell
Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 at 5:57 am in Family Entertainment.
1. Check out the new Water Works exhibit at the Lawrence Hall of Science (pictured above). Make snow and rainbows, be a hydroengineer, and explore the A to Z of H2O. (Runs through April 19, $6-$11)
2. Celebrate a “Wild Valentine’s Day” at Walnut Creek’s Lindsey Wildlife Museum this Saturday. “Your sweetheart might like chocolate,” museum staffers say, “but what do wild animals like as treats?” You’ll get fun activities and a family-friendly view of animal relationships on Valentine’s Day. (Free with museum admission)
3. Celebrate Presidents Day and Lunar New Year at the same time at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. The museum’s Lunar New Year Celebration is this Monday, Feb 16, complete with lion dancers, live entertainment, crafts and other special activities. (Free with museum admission)
4. Oakland’s Fairyland is hosting a Valentine’s Weekend worth of fun family activities, including performances by Rivoli, one of the Bay Area’s favorite clowns, and a “Teddy Bear Picnic” puppet show. Big fun. (Free with admission)
5. Pippi Longstocking, that irrepressible redhead of kid lit fame, takes the stage at San Ramon’s Front Row Theater in an Active Arts Theatre for Young Audiences production this weekend and next. (Tickets: $14-$18)