By Jackie Burrell
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 at 12:13 pm in Family Entertainment.
1. Catch Pleasanton’s 7th annual Youth Music Festival, a musical extravaganza featuring young musicians – including the Jazzinators, pictured above – and vocalists from Fremont to Stockton, this Friday at 8 p.m. at the Amador Theater. ($7-$10)
2. Sing, dance and rock out to Uncle Eye & the Strange Change Machine at Berkeley’s La Pena Center Saturday at 10:30 a.m. If Uncle Eye’s name sounds familiar, that’s because you’ve seen him – and his buddy Wilber, the Rubber Chicken of Freedom, on PBS Kids. (Tickets $4 kids, $5 adults, $12 for a family pass)
3. Is there a Pinewood Derby in your future? Oakland’s Wooden Window is hosting a free Pinewood Derby workshop on Feb. 21 at 11 a.m. Bring your pinewood derby car kit and paint. Reservations required: call Wooden Window at 510-893-1157.
4. Want to learn to play golf? The city of Pleasanton is hosting a free junior golf clinic for kids, ages 7-17, on Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Callippe Preserve Golf Course. To register, call Doug or Jake at 925-426-6666.
5. Meet Mother Goose and her friends, Grieselda the Goose and Humpty Dumpty this weekend at Oakland’s ever popular Fairyland – Saturday and Sunday at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. (Fairyland admission is $7 per person, including rides and entertainment.)