By Jackie Burrell
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 at 5:11 am in Family Outings.
1. Oakland’s Fairyland (pictured) is always big fun. Between the rides, shows and other live entertainment, there’s always something to do. And now, there’s a brand new puppet production of “Snow White & the Seven Dwarves,” complete with envious stepmother, Doc, Sleepy and the gang, this weekend at 11 a.m., 2 and 4 p.m. ($7, includes all rides and attractions).
2. Concord celebrates its 20th annual KidFest this weekend at Todos Santos Plaza. Live entertainment, obstacle courses and inflatable games, and plenty of kid-friendly fun Saturday through Monday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ($5)
3. Join the fun at La Pena’s monthly Mexican music jam session this Sunday afternoon from 3 to 6 p.m. It’s a free family and community gathering for musicians and fans of Mexican music in Berkeley.
4. Sausalito’s Bay Area Discovery Museum hosts the 15th Annual Asian Pacific Heritage Festival Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thrill to the sound of taiko drummers, dance and cheer at performances by other Pacific Islander groups, then sample the cuisine of Asia and the Pacific Islands at the community food booths. (Free admission, food for sale)
5. Are you a “Corduroy” fan? The Museum of Childrenâ€™s Art (MOCHA) is hosting an exhibit of drawings and illustrations by Don Freeman as part of its “Once Upon a Time: Childrenâ€™s Book Illustrators Then and Now” exhibit that runs now through June 14. Free