By Jackie Burrell
Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 at 6:26 am in Family Outings.
1. The California Pops Orchestra meets the Flying Karamazov Brothers in this rollicking, musical and very silly performance May 30 at 7:30 p.m. at Palo Alto’s Spangenberg Theater and May 31 at 3 p.m. at the Venture Christian Church Theater in Los Gatos. ($10-$30)
2. Lawrence Hall of Science presents Animal Grossology, the oozing, squishy, gross-out adventure that brings to life the scientific know-how behind, well, behinds and other animal body parts. Learn about vomit slurpers, dookie lovers and ewww, so much more. Now through Sept. 6, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily in Berkeley. ($6-$11)
3. Cruise the lazy river, slip down water slides and enjoy some splashy fun at Newark’s Silliman Aquatic Center any time, but this Friday is Hawaiian Night. Enjoy tropical activities and Hawaiian music, and a bring a little extra cash for Hawaiian pizza and smoothies at the Otter Alley Cafe. ($4-$7)
4. Get wet this weekend at Gilroy Gardens family theme park. Ride the Artichoke Dip or one of the other 39 coasters, trains and gently spinning adventures, get wet at the Tree Top Sprayground or find your way through the Pinnacles Rock Maze. ($33 and up for a summer pass)
5. Circus Bella brings its signature blend of acrobats, funambulists, clowns and music to San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Gardens Festival Saturday, May 30 at noon and 2:15 p.m. (Free)