This week we’re giving away a great little book for the tween in your life: “113 Things to do by 13,” by New York City eighth grader Brittany MacLeod and her mom Terri, a celebrity journalist and senior producer for Access Hollywood. It’s a kicky little read, full of colorful scrapbook-y appeal, and brimming with tween and teen survival advice from a who’s who of celeb experts, including:
- Age appropriate makeup advice from “Gossip Girl” Leighton Meester‘s makeup artist
- Writing tips from the author of “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,” Ann Brashares
- Peer pressure coping strategies from adolescent health experts
- Mean girl survival tips from two “Twilight” stars who were bullied in high school
- And tips on everything else from Halloween costumes to acne, cooking, homework and relationship drama. There’s even a section on how to send fan mail to the Jonas Brothers.
Want it? Click “comments” and tell us, do you think it’s harder to parent teens or tweens these days? We’ll draw a winner’s name next Monday!
(Congrats, by the way, to Lori who won last week’s giveaway – pssst, we snuck in an extra prezzie too, a copy of “Life with Father,” with Father’s Day images from the archives of Life Magazine. Very cool little book! If you’re still looking for Father’s Day celebration ideas, check out our readers’ suggestions here.)