By Jackie Burrell
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 at 6:01 am in Cuisine.
Too cute. If you’re looking for a great Father’s Day BBQ dessert – something that’s easy enough for kids to make, tastes great and goes together quickly – we’re putting our bets on these Summer Peach Pie Twisters, which our buddies over at BHG.com (Better Homes & Gardens) sent over.
15-oz. package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (2 crusts)
3 medium peaches or a 16-oz. package of frozen unsweetened peach slices, chopped
2/3 cup tiny marshmallows
1/2 tsp. cinnamon sugar or chili powder
1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with foil, lightly grease.
2. Combine peaches, marshmallows, and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar or, for spice lovers, chili powder.
3. Unroll one piecrust and cut it into 6 wedges. Spoon 1/4 cup of the peach mixture along one long side of each wedge, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Brush the edge with a little water, then fold the pastry crust over the filling and use a fork’s tines to crimp the edges together. Fold the top edge of the crust back to expose some of the filling. Repeat with the rest of the wedges and the filling.
4. Place pies on baking sheets and prick two or three times with a fork. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar or chili powder-sugar mixture. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and hot, and the pastry has turned golden.
5. Serve upright in paper cups or glasses with a scoop of ice cream. Makes 12.