By Jackie Burrell
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 at 4:07 pm in Movies.
Fandango is reporting that more than 2,500 midnight showings of “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” have sold out, and tickets for remaining shows are disappearing at a rate of 8 Potter tix per second. Wow.
- Locally, Berkeley’s UA7 has sold out its screenings at 12:01, 12:02, 12:03 and 12:04 a.m. A new show at 3:10 a.m. has been added to accommodate Harry Potterphiles.
- Walnut Creek’s Century 14 theater has sold out all four midnight shows.
- Regal Crow Canyon has sold out all three, and added a fourth show at 3:10 a.m.
- All five midnight shows at Pleasant Hill’s Century 16 are completely sold out.
- Ditto for Blackhawk’s theater.
- And in Dublin, all 15 (!!) midnight shows at the Regal Hacienda Crossings theater are gone, gone, gone, but you can still get in at 3:10 a.m.
- Across the Bay in San Francisco, Metreon has sold out four of its midnight shows, ditto for Daly City’s Century 20. The Century at Tanforan has sold out two midnight screenings, and Cinearts @Empire has sold out its one and only midnight showing.
If you’re catching a show tonight and don’t already have tickets, check with the theater before you go! And afterward… come back here, click “comments” and tell us how it was.