By Jackie Burrell
Friday, March 26th, 2010 at 6:17 am in holidays.
Oh sure, you can hide Cadbury eggs around your yard, then watch the early morning sunshine melt them into the grass. Or, you can try filling reusable Easter eggs with these five clever ideas, including several for older egg-hunters, courtesy of the Berkeley Parent Network and its creative members:
- A gift certificate to the zoo
- Rainbow-colored goldfish crackers, cheddar bunnies or honey graham bunnies
- Seeds for planting that spring garden
- Easter jokes and dollar bills
- Use the larger size, papier-mache eggs to hold socks, hair scrunchies or lip gloss. Some even hold a small T-shirt.
This post is part of About.com’s All About Parenting Blog Carnival, celebrating Easter. Follow the link, which goes live this weekend,Â for more Easter basket ideas from around the blogosphere.