Hey, everyone. It’s Dan Brown (@mercbrownie) pinch-hitting for John Hickey. You can reach me directly at email@example.com
Here are tonight’s lineups as well as a few early notes — and your trivia question o’ the day.
Trivia question: Shortstop Jed Lowrie has 30 hits this month, leaving him three short of the A’s record for most hits in April. Which two players hold the current mark?(Hint: One player did it in 1994 and the other in ’98) Answer below.
P Jarrod Paker (0-3, 7.50)
P – Jason Hammel (2-1, 4.74)
JARROD PARKER: A few notes, courtesy of the A’s media relations staff:
- Has lost each of his first three decisions, which matches the longest losing streak of his career (Aug. 1-19, 2012). Is 0-2 with a 12.96 ERA in two Oakland starts compared to 0-1 with a 2.79 ERA in two road starts.
- Has yielded a .593 (16 for 27) average to the Nos. 1-3 hitters compared to .255 (13 for 51) to everyone else.
- Is 1-0 with a 6.00 ERA in two career starts against Baltimore, both last year.
JASON HAMMEL: A few notes, courtesy of the Orioles media relations staff:
– Is making his fifth start of 2013 and his third home start…Won his first career Opening Day start at Tampa Bay on April 2 (6.0IP, 3ER)…Was third on the team with 118.0 IP in 2012…Had right knee surgery last July and was limited to 20 starts in 2012
– Has appeared in six games, including two starts…Overall is 3-1 with a 5.00 ERA (18.0IP, 10ER)…In two starts against Oakland (one in 2007 and one in 2009), he is 1-1 with a 6.97 ERA