By Jeff Faraudo
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 at 5:25 pm in Basketball.
Here are a few stories looking at how Thursday’s NBA draft shapes up for Pac-10 players:
– The prospects of Washington power forward Jon Brockman are something of a mystery, writes Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
– UCLA point guard Darren Collison has plenty of motivation as he embarks on his NBA career, according to Brian Dohn of the L.A. Daily News.
– USC’s DeMar DeRozan, a star without attitude, is rising on the draft boards, says Scott Wolf of the L.A. Daily News.
– Arizona State sophomore guard James Harden is about to realize a lifelong dream, writes Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic.
– Arizona State senior Jeff Pendergraph is about to find out if staying in school was the right move, according to a profile in the Republic.
– Bruce Pascoe of the Daily Star in Tucson examines whether coaching turmoil at Arizona actually benefitted the development of Jordan Hill and Chase Budinger.