AROUND THE PAC-10
Sun Devils set up showdown at Haas Pavilion on Saturday . . .
– Arizona State 68, Stanford 60: Center Eric Boateng shot 11-for-11 and scored a career-high 24 points and point guard Derek Glasser scored 20 points as the Sun Devils (20-8, 10-5) stayed within a half-game of Cal at the top of the standings. ASU is trying to win its first conference title in 35 seasons. Landry Fields scored 19 points for the Cardinal (14-15, 7-9) while guard Drew Shiller added a season-high 16. But sophomore guard Jeremy Green shot just 2-for-14 and scored six points.
– Oregon 54, USC 44: The Ducks (13-14, 5-10) snapped a five-game losing streak as senior Tajuan Porter came alive to score 16 points. USC (16-11, 8-7), which entered the night still hoping to earn a piece of the Pac-10 title, shot 33 percent and turned the ball over 16 times while failing to reach 50 points for the second straight game.
– UCLA 65, Oregon State 56: The Bruins (13-14, 8-7) got 18 points, 10 rebounds, five blocks, four assists and three steals from freshman Tyler Honeycutt to complete a season sweep of the Beavers (12-15, 6-9). OSU, which got 13 points and 12 rebounds from freshman Joe Burton, shot 3-for-20 from the 3-point arc.
– Pac-standings: Cal 11-5, Arizona State 10-5, USC 8-7, Washington 8-7, UCLA 8-7, Arizona 7-8, Stanford 7-9, Oregon State 6-9, Washington State 6-9, Oregon 5-10.
– Saturday’s schedule: Arizona State at Cal, noon; Oregon at UCLA, 2 p.m.; Arizona at Stanford, 4 p.m.; Oregon State at USC, 4:30 p.m.; Washington State at Washington, 7 p.m.