AROUND THE PAC-10
We’ll include them all, even if the other four don’t mean too much at this point . . .
– ARIZONA STATE AT CAL, noon, CSNBA: The Bears (19-9, 11-5) not only can lock up at least a tie for their first Pac-10 regular-season title in 50 years, but realistically also an NCAA bid with a win here. The Sun Devils (20-8, 10-5) are trying to end their own conference title drought — 35 years, dating back to the old WAC.
– ARIZONA AT STANFORD, 4 p.m., CSCNA: This is a game the Cardinal (13-15, 7-9) badly needs to win if it wants to secure seventh place and avoid a Wednesday night game at the Pac-10 tournament in two weeks. Arizona (13-14, 7-8) has dropped six of its past seven games.
– OREGON AT UCLA, 2 p.m.: Have the Ducks (13-14, 5-10) found new life after their improbable win at USC? The Bruins (13-14, 8-7) likely will be fired up to avoid a sweep at the hands of Oregon. Both teams can get to .500 with a win.
– OREGON STATE AT USC, 4:30 p.m.: The offensively challenged Trojans (16-11, 8-7) still were mathematically in the title hunt until losing at home to Oregon on Thursday. Ugh! Well, they lost to the Beavers (12-15, 6-9) last month, and who knows whether they’re finally decided to chuck things given they have no postseason prospects.
– WASHINGTON AT WASHINGTON STATE, 7 p.m.: The Huskies (18-9, 8-7), still with just one victory outside Seattle, no doubt want to get the attention of the selection committee and inch closer to 20 victories. Not sure anything short of a run through the Pac-10 tournament will get it done. The Cougars (16-11, 6-9) lost by 28 points when the teams met at UW.
– Pac-10 standings: Cal 11-5, Arizona State 10-5, UCLA 8-7, USC 8-7, Washington 8-7, Arizona 7-8, Stanford 7-9, Oregon State 6-9, Washington State 6-9, Oregon 5-10.
Sophomore guard Damian Lillard (Oakland HS) had 18 points, seven rebounds and four steals, leading Weber State to an 85-57 win over Eastern Washington, clinching the Wildcats’ second straight Big Sky Conference regular-season title.