With Syracuse’s 85-66 win over St. John’s and Ohio State’s 73-57 defeat of Illinois, add two more conference champions to the list Cal faced during its non-conference schedule:
– Murray State: The Racers (28-4) have clinched the regular-season championship in the Ohio Valley Conference. (Cal 75, Murray State 70).
– Syracuse: The Orange (28-2) has clinched the Big East title outright. (Syracuse 95, Cal 73).
– Ohio State: The Buckeyes (24-7) own at least a share of their third Big Ten crown in four years. (Ohio State 76, Cal 70).
– Jacksonville: The Dolphins (18-11) finished in a four-way tie for the regular-season title in the Atlantic Sun Conference and are seeded No. 2 in their league tournament. (Cal 79, Jacksonville 47).
– New Mexico: The Lobos (27-3) won the Mountain West regular-season title. (New Mexico 86, Cal 78).
– Kansas: The Jayhawaks (27-2) are assured of no less than a tie for the Big 12 crown with a two-game lead and two games to play. KU hosts second-place Kansas State on Wednesday night. (Kansas 84, Cal 69).
– UC Santa Barbara/Pacific: The Gauchos (17-9) are in first place in the Big West at 11-4, one-half game ahead of the Tigers (18-10), and no one else in the league can catch either of them. (Cal 87, UCSB 66; Cal 79, Pacific 53).