I met with Jeff Tedford for a while today to talk about spring practice and here are a few nuggets that came out of our chat:
- Charles Satchell has moved from wide receiver to safety. Tedford said it was Satchell’s decision, that he played on both sides of the ball in high school and defense is where his true passion was.
- Wide receiver Michael Calvin has undergone yet another surgery. He had his right knee scoped for the second time a few weeks ago but is expected to be ready for the start of spring. Calvin was scoped before last season as well, which came on the heels of ACL surgery the previous fall.
- Tedford said Shane Vereen played the last couple games of the season on a torn meniscus and with a shoulder injury, then hurt his ribs in the Poinsettia Bowl. He said Vereen probably won’t take too many reps in the spring but is the hands-down No. 1 tailback.
- Solomona Aigamaua has been moved from linebacker to tight end.
- Tedford said Donovan Edwards will likely begin spring practice at left tackle and Mitchell Schwartz will remain at right tackle. He said Chris Guarnero and Dominic Galas will see time at both center and guard.