I will have more on Pro Day later, but some quick news and notes:
- Jahvid Best did not participate in any tests or drills. He wasn’t planning on doing the tests because he did so well at the combine, but he was planning on doing positional drills. But only one running backs coach showed up (from the Ravens) and he told Best he didn’t need to see him. That’s a good sign for Best. It looks like he answered any questions about him at the combine.
- Cornerback Syd’Quan Thompson re-aggravated his right hamstring injury during the 40-yard dash and had to shut it down. The hamstrnig has been bothering him ever since the Senior Bowl and prevented him from running at the combine.
- Defensive end Tyson Alualu bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times, an improvement over the 21 reps he did at the combine. Alualu didn’t run the 40 as he timed a 4.87 at the combine, which he was happy with.
- Left tackle Mike Tepper has strep throat but ran anyway. He clocked a 5.27 in the 40, better than the 5.31 at the combine.
- Wide receiver Nyan Boateng ran the 40 in 4.54.
- Dignitaries on hand included Lavelle Hawkins, Zack Follett, Anthony Felder and Worrell Williams.
A complete list of those who participated:
- DE Tyson Alualu
- DT Kevin Bemoll
- LB Devin Bishop
- WR Nyan Boateng
- S Marcus Ezeff
- FB Brian Holley
- S Brett Johnson
- OT Chet Teofilo
- OT Mike Tepper
- CB Syd’Quan Thompson
- WR Verran Tucker
- LB Eddie Young
Safety Bernard Hicks and offensive lineman Erik Robertson from previous Cal teams also participated.