Here’s the official NCAA news release on its sanctions against USC football, men’s basketball and women’s tennis.
UPDATE WITH USC REACTION BELOW
• Four years of probation
• A two-year football postseason ban
• Vacation of regular-season and postseason wins for all three sports
• Scholarship reductions in football (to 15 initial grants and 75 total grants for each of the 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years, which represents a decrease of 10 scholarships for each of the three seasons)
• Scholarship reductions in men’s basketball (from 13 to 12 for the 2009-10 and 2010-11 academic years)
• Recruiting restrictions for men’s basketball
Here’s USC’s official response. Not surprisingly, the Trojans say they will appeal penalties they believe are too harsh.
Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott said the conference will provide its statement later this afternoon.