USC continues to make waves . . .
– USC 65, Tennessee 64: The Trojans (7-5) posted their first road victory since last Feb. 18, holding off the 19th-ranked Volunteers (7-3) in Knoxville, where USC coach Kevin O’Neill coached from 1994-97. The victory came three days after USC lost just two points at No. 3 Kansas, and gives USC perhaps the Pac-10′s best two non-conference victories, along with its win over Texas. Maurice Jones had 15 points, Alex Stepheson and Jio Fontan each scored 13 and Bryce Jones contributed 11.
– Oklahoma State 79, Stanford 68: The Cardinal (6-4) led by as many as six points in the first half at Stillwater, Okla., but couldn’t leep pace and fell to the Cowboys (11-1). Josh Owens had 21 points and 10 rebounds for Stanford, Jeremy Green scored 17, and freshman point guard came off the bench to score a career-high 15.
– UCLA 75, Montana State 59: The Bruins (7-4) got 18 points from junior guard Malcolm Lee and 15 from sophomore forward Reeves Nelson to beat the Bobcats, still winless in six road games. UCLA won despite shooting 2 for 13 from the 3-PT arc.
– Arizona State 72, Long Beach State 55: The Sun Devils (6-4) held the 49ers to 33-percent shooting. Ty Abbott scored 15 points and freshman Kyle Cain contributed 12 points and 16 rebounds.
– Idaho 69, Oregon 65: The Ducks (7-5) lost for the third time this season at home, thanks in part to 34-percent shooting that included 7 for 29 from the 3-PT line. Joevan Catron had 18 points and six rebounds for Oregon.