How did Thursday night’s Pac-10 result affect the computer rankings?
Here are Friday’s latest RealTimeRPI.com ratings for teams from the Pac-10:
18. Arizona, won at Stanford (improved one spot from the day before)
32. Washington, lost at Oregon State (dropped eight spots)
44. UCLA, idle (dropped three spots)
57. Cal, won vs. ASU at home (did not change)
74. WSU, lost at Oregon (dropped nine spots)
82. USC, idle (improved one spot)
142. Oregon, won vs. WSU at home (improved 15 spots)
143. Stanford, lost to Arizona at home (did not change)
157. ASU, lost at Cal (dropped three spots)
219. OSU, won vs. WSU at home (improved 16 spots)
Big winner: None, really. The Beavers made the biggest leap, but from nowhere to nowhere.
Big loser: WSU, which was falling off the NCAA bubble before this game and now is beginning to fade, at least as far as the computer is concerned.
Still in no No-Man’s Land: Cal. No. 57 ain’t’ bad, but it gets you nowhere on the big board, especially at just four games over .500. Lots of work still to do.