I’ll have thorough coverage of today’s Pro Day, including interviews with Cameron Jordan, Shane Vereen, Mike Mohamed, Chris Conte, Derrick Hill, Darian Hagan, Kevin Riley and Jeremy Ross. But first here are a few quick nuggets:
- Ross ran a 4.39 in the 40-yard dash. That would have placed him in a tie for third among wide receivers at the NFL combine. Ross looks to be in terrific condition and had an extensive talk with a Chicago Bears scout afterward.
- Conte has been a workout fiend since the end of the season. His body is all muscle and he ran a 4.56 in the 40 today after clocking 4.53 at the combine.
- Jordan, Vereen and Mohamed all declined to participate in the timed tests, mostly because they were satisfied with their performance at the combine and there is no sense riskng hurting your stock. They did go through position drills.
- Riley is fully recovered from his knee/calf injury that ended his season prematurely. He said he’s been running at full strengh for about a month.
- Hagan looks like he could be a Giants relief pitcher, now sporting a thick beard.
More to come…