A few notes from the first 20 minutes of practice today:
- Former Cal center Alex Mack is here, and he’s not just watching. Mack has been working with the offensive linemen. A handful of former Cal players now in the NFL have stopped by this spring because of the lockout.
- Linebacker Chris McCain, who has been out since the first week of spring with a concussion, was back practicing in full.
- Linebacker D.J. Holt has a wrap around his hand and wrist. Will find out what the injury is. He’s still practicing in full.
- Wide receiver Michael Calvin is not here. He may have a school obligation. Running back Isi Sofele missed Tuesday’s practice to take a mid-term.
- Offensive lineman Alex Crosthwaite has a walking boot on his right leg and is out.
- WR Coleman Edmond is out with an injury.
- LB Ryan Davis, who sat out Tuesday after getting his foot stepped on, is back.
- Got to see some teamwork, as the Bears worked on the two-minute drill. Zach Maynard once again ran with the first team and completed a pass to Keenan Allen for a nice gain on first down. Most of the other plays were running plays, although Maynard did get sacked by Holt on another dropback. Maynard also had a nice run up the middle on a keeper after faking a handoff to Covaughn DeBoskie-Johnson.
- Brock Mansion ran with the 2s and was intercepted by linebacker Nick Forbes on a pass that hit Forbes right between the numbers.