I will have a thorough report off tonight’s practice tomorrow, but here are some quick hitters:
- WR Kaelin Clay had surgery on his left knee today, but could be back in as soon as three weeks. Coach Jeff Tedford said the procedure was to trim his meniscus, which is better than repairing it.
- RB Trajuan Briggs is not in camp. Tedford said it is because there are so many tailbacks on the roster and he evidently is a product of the logjam. Briggs is still on the team and will resume practicing when camp is over and the semester begins.
- Safety Sean Cattouse stopped practicing about halfway through after tweaking his hamstring. It’s believed to be minor.
- OT Mitchell Schwartz is still out with his hamstring problem.
- Tedford was pleased with the play of all of his quarterbacks today. “I thought there were some really special things going on today.”
- LB Chris McCain is taking some first team reps on the outside. He had an impressive practice, recording a sack and generally flying all over the field and being at the right place at the right time.
- WR Jackson Bouza made a couple of nice catches down the middle of the field, on passes by Brock Mansion.