The 49ers are beefing up security measures at Candlestick Park in light of the fan violence there last Saturday during an exhibition game against the Raiders. And those new measures will apply to Cal’s season-opener Sept. 3 against Fresno State.
- There will be additional security staff inside the stadium and in the parking lots.
- Additional SFPD squad cars will be present in the parking lots.
- Uniformed and plain-clothed police will patrol restrooms throughout the stadium.
- Tailgating will be allowed to begin four hours before kickoff (in this case, noon). Once the game begins, fans will either have to enter the stadium or leave the premises. Security personnel will sweep through the lots to make sure all fans comply.
- Smoking will not be allowed anywhere in the stadium.
- There will be no re-entering.
- Additional lighting will be brought into the parking lots.