The biggest news postgame is coach Jeff Tedford’s comments that he will evaluate the quarterback position, leaving the door open for him to switch to sophomore Allan Bridgford.
“We’ll see,” Tedford said. “We’ll look at the tape and make a determination with that.”
Tedford also revealed that linebacker Mychal Kendricks was suspended for the first quarter for violating team rules. Defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast said that Kendricks had thumb surgery last week and his reps were limited in practice.
- Zach Maynard threw for 199 yards, the first time this season he has failed to reach the 200-yard mark.
- Marvin Jones was held to just one catch for 11 yards.
- UCLA quarterback Kevin Prince became the first Bruins quarterback to rush for 100 yards since 1976.
- UCLA safety Tevin McDonald became just the fourth freshman in conference history to record three interceptions in a game.
- Cal WR Keenan Allen had seven catches for 83 yards.
- D.J. Campbell led the Bears with 11 tackles.