Lots going on. We’ll get right to it . . .
– Football: Punter Bryan Anger and OT Mitchell Schwartz say they were pleased with their perfomances Friday at the NFL combine camp at Indianapolis.
– Baseball: The No. 20 Bears (3-1) lost for the first time, falling 7-3 to open a weekend series at Long Beach State.
– Softball: Valerie Arioto pitched a four-hit shutout and the No. 1/3 Bears (9-0) whipped Fordham 5-0 at the Cathedral City Classic.
– Swimming: Caitlin Leverenz broke a school record set by Natalie Coughlin, swimming the 200-yard individual medley in 1 minute, 52.43 seconds to finish second at the Pac-12 championships in Federal Way, Wash. Senior Liv Jensen defended her conference title in the 50 free with a 21.70 clocking.
– Track and field: The foursome of Chelsea Reilly, Angelica Weaver, Sofia Oberg and Deborah Maier broke Cal’s school record in the distance medley relay (10:56.29) by more than 20 seconds to finish third at the MPSF indoor championships in Seattle. Linda Oseso broke her own mark in the weight throw (63-0 1/4) to place second.