Five keys to a Cal victory over South Florida:
– Start strong. Cal has won just once in its past four games. The Bears need some early positive feedback to provide confidence and momentum.
– Follow the leaders. Seniors Jorge Gutierrez and Harper Kamp know this could be their final game. They looked at peace with things Tuesday and will be ready to play tonight. Freshman David Kravish has never been on a stage like this. He needs to keep an eye on Kamp.
– Get a good perimeter game from Allen Crabbe. The Bears won’t easily score inside or in transition against this team. They need to make some 3-pointers. If Crabbe hits three or more, the Bears have a chance.
– Do not fall behind by double digits. Because of the pace USF plays, a 10-point deficit feels like 20 or 25, according to Villanova coach Jay Wright.
– Score at least 65 points. The Bears are 21-5 when they reach 65; the Bulls 3-5 when they allow that many.