An embarrassing hiccup by Colorado and an expected thrashing of Washington at LSU . . . otherwise, a great day for the Pac-12, with three wins over top-20 teams:
– Oregon State 10, No. 13 Wisconsin 7: The Beavers, playing a Big Ten team in Corvallis for the first time in 41 years, held Badgers star RB Montee Ball without a touchdown for the first time in 22 games. Pleasanton native Sean Mannion threw for 276 yards for the Beavers, playing their first game after their opener was canceled.
– UCLA 36, No. 16 Nebraska 30: A huge win for the Bruins (2-0) and new coach Jim Mora Jr. Running back Johnathan Franklin, who had 214 yards he week before vs. Rice, ran for 217 yards and freshman QB Brett Hundley threw for 305 yards and four TDs.
– Arizona State 45, Illinois 14: Taylor Kelly completed 18 of 23 passes for 249 yards and a TD and the Sun Devils (2-0) routed the Illini in Tempe. ASU is 8-0 all-time vs. the Big Ten at home.
– Arizona 59, No. 18 Oklahoma State 38: One week after scoring 84 points against Savannah State, the visiting Cowboys (1-1) of the Big 12 couldn’t keep pace with new coach Rich Rodriguez’s Wildcats (2-0). Matt Scott passed for 320 yards and two TDs and ran for another score and Ka’Deem Carey scored four TDs as the Wildcats rallied from a 14-0 hole.
– Sacramento State 30, Colorado 28: Walk-on kicker Edgar Castaneda of City College of San Francisco, kicked the game-winning 30-yard field goal for the FCS Hornets as time expired in Boulder, Colo., then was rewarded with a full scholarship by his coach during the post-game locker room celebration. The Buffaloes fell to 0-2.
– No. 4 Oregon 42, Fresno State 25: Kenjon Barner ran for 201 yards and three TDs and the Ducks (2-0) led 35-6 at halftime in Eugene. Redshirt freshman QB Marcus Mariota was 19 of 27 for 166 yards and a touchdown.
– No. 2 USC 42, Syracuse 25: Matt Barkley threw six touchdown passes — he had five a week ago — and the Trojans (2-0) won at East Rutherford, N.J. Marqise Lee and Robert Woods combined for 11 catches — five of them TDs.
– No. 3 LSU 41, Washington 3: The Huskies (1-1) were held to 26 rushing yards while the Tigers (2-0) accumulated 242 yards on the ground at Baton Rouge. LSU has won 39 straight regular-season games against non-conference opponents.
– Washington State 24, Eastern Washington 20: Jeff Tuel threw a pair of first-half touchdown passes and the Cougars (1-1) held on for newcoach Mike Leach’s first victory. The Cougars’ first home sellout in five years also was the first meeting of the two schools since 1908.
– No. 25 Stanford 50, Duke 13: Josh Nunes passed for 280 yards and two touchdowns and the Cardinal (2-0) defense forced four turnovers in an easy home victory over the Blue Devils (1-1).