Pretty good Sunday for former Cal football stars:
— Keenan Allen: The San Diego wideout caught three passes for 59 yards, including touchdowns of 43 and 4 yards, in a 37-14 rout of the New York Giants. Allen, after a slow start, has 61 receptions for 902 yards and five TDs.
– Tony Gonzalez: The Falcons tight end caught his 109th career touchdown in a 22-21 loss at Green Bay. Gonzalez caught three passes for 25 yards, including a 2-yard TD. He is 54 receiving yards shy of 15,000 for his career.
– DeSean Jackson: Among his four catches for 59 yards, Jackson caught a 19-yard TD in the Eagles’ 34-20 win over Detroit in a snowstorm.
– Marvin Jones: The Bengals’ wideout caught three passes for 60 yards, including a 29-yard TD, in a 42-28 win over the Colts.
– Marshawn Lynch: The Oakland-raised running back topped the 1,000-yard barrier for the third straight season and the fifth time in his career in the Seahawks’ 19-17 loss to the 49ers. Lynch rushed 20 times for 72 yards, including an 11-yard TD run, and has 1,032 yards and 10 TDs for the season.
– Jeremy Ross: Oops . . . didn’t mean to ignore Ross, who merely returned a punt 58 yards for a touchdown and a kickoff 98 yards for another TD in the Lions’ loss at Philly. In 18 degrees, he returns six punts/kickoffs for 244 yards –more than Detroit’s total offense on the snowy day.
– Shane Vereen: No touchdowns, but the former Cal running back caught 12 passes for 153 yards in the Patriots’ remarkable come-from-behind 27-26 win over Cleveland.