UPDATED WITH LARRY SCOTT COMMENTS
Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Wednesday afternoon that no decision has been made on where the Pac-12 tournament will be held in the future.
All signs point to the men going to Las Vegas next year and the women perhaps to Seattle, but Scott said nothing will be decided until the Pac-12 presidents vote at a meeting this weekend.
“When we have a decision, we’ll communicate it in all likelihood shortly after the tournament’s over, if a decision is made this weekend,” Scott said.
Scott said there are multiple cities that have “very aggressively” bid for the event. “So we have some tough decisions to make going forward and we have narrowed the process,” he said.
Asked earlier this week about a change, Cal coach Mike Montgomery said, “I think it’s going to happen.”
And that’s a good thing?
“Absolutely. L.A. hasn’t supported it. It’s been really a negative,” Montgomery said. “Obviously, Staples Center is big-time. It just hasn’t been supported attendance-wise.”