By William Brand
Thursday, July 31st, 2008 at 9:11 am in Uncategorized.
Mario, who writes the Brewed for Thought beer blog forwards a link to a Brewer’s Association chart that goes through a lot of modern styles, suggesting good food pairings and good cheese and dessert pairings.
For example, a Double IPA.
- Food: Smoked beef brisket, grilled lamb or Southern chicken-fried steak.
- Cheese: Sharp and rich American artisanal blue.
- Dessert: Very sweet desserts like carrot cake, caramel cheesecake or creme brule.
Another example, Imperial Stout (I know, I’m choosing amped-up examples, but I have more trouble pairing these than any other styles and they;re are the kinds of beers I really like these days)
- Food: Easily overpowers most main dishes, but stands up to foie gras, smoked goose.
- Cheese: Long-aged Gouda, Parmesan or cheddar.
- Dessert: Dark chocolate truffles, chocolate raspberry mousse cake.
Wow. Gonna try one of these with a bottle of North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Anybody else have ideas? Comments very welcome. .