By William Brand
Monday, September 29th, 2008 at 10:05 am in Uncategorized.
Events: If you’ve never tried to pair your favorite beer with good cheese, you’re missing out on a treat. Beer and cheese go together in amazing fashion. Take a bite of cheese, then a sip of beer – the beer cleanses the palate and prepares it for another bite of cheese.
And when you match the right cheese with the right beer, it’s a taste symphony. If you’re curious, check out Beer Chef Bruce Paton’s next event:
Monday October 20, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Cathedral Hill Hotel, San Francisco – A Beer and Cheese Pairing Education with Bruce Paton and Sheana Davis of the The Epicurean Connection, an expert in matching the perfect cheese and the perfect beer. $75, make reservations by Oct. 14, 2008
Here’s the menu
6:30 p.m. Beer Chef’s Hors D’Oeuvre Selection and Cheese Tasting
A Selection of Beers from the San Francisco Brewers Guild
- 7:30 p.m. First Course Puree of Sugar Pie Pumpkin with Gratin of Beehive Full Moon Raw Milk Cheese
- Thirsty Bear Ocktobearfest
- Second Course – Napoleon of Oven Roasted Pears and Delice de la Vallee Cheese with Peppercress, Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen
- Third Course – Olive Oil Poached Duck Breast with Carbonera of Duck Confit, Hobbs Bacon and Aged Gouda, 21ST Amendment Diesel (Imperial Smoked Porter)
- Fourth Course – Mac and Cheese Custard with Franklin Teleme Cheese and Fig Compote. Magnolia Deep Ellum Dubbel
But wait, there’s more. On Monday, Nov. 10, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Sheana is conducting a “Locavore Beer & Cheese Class, at the Cheese School of San Francisco, 2155 Powell St., San Francisco, $65. Info: 415-346-7530.
‘Locavore’ means eating a diet consisting of food harvested from within a 100-mile radius, on the basis that local products are more nutritious, taste better, and easier on the environment..