By Jessica Yadegaran
Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 at 12:00 pm in Corkheads.
1. Blue wine, made from the blue agave plant commonly used in tequila, is gross unless it’s served over ice. Then it tastes like fancy melted Slurpee.
2. Barefoot Wine & Bubbly is good. Even great. Judged blind, a Barefoot dessert wine finished Best of Show out of 700 wines entered into the competition. Another Barefoot wine, a sparkling rose, finished Best of Class.
3. Get your wine on, Los Angeles. Second Glass, the Wine 2.0 site with the bad ass educational events, is coming your way.
4. Contrary to popular judging technique, I think roast beef kind of messes up my palate when tasting through dozens of reds. Graber olives on the other hand? Keep those coming.
5. Get your hands on some Gundlach Bundschu Tempranillo Rose. I don’t care what you have to do. It was another Best of Class wine, and it is summer in a bottle. They made 292 cases of this wine and you owe it to yourself to try it.