By Jessica Yadegaran
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 at 4:31 pm in Corkheads.
The event takes place 6 to 9 p.m. March 25 and 26 at the Ole Mettler Grape Pavilion at the Lodi Grape Festival Grounds. For tickets and more information, visit the festival’s web site.
1. There will be butter samples. And I don’t mean the kind in chardonnay. One of the food purveyors at the show will be the California Cheese and Butter Association.
2. New this year is an olive oil tasting. Lodi is brimming with producers, from Cecchetti to Coldani.
3. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door – half the price of most large scale tastings.
4. You get to taste wine from 40 wineries including the green Bokisch Vineyards and the Greek-inspired Stama Winery.
5. Did I mention the butter?