By Jay Brooks
Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 at 1:01 pm in On Beer.
It’s February, and that means it’s time for the 10th annual Strong Beer Month, once again with six new extreme beers each at 21st Amendment and Magnolia throughout the month, which this year has one more day to help you make it to the finish line. Try them all, and you get to keep the commemorative logo glass. Just collect all 12 punches in your Strong Beer Month ticket before the beer’s all gone.
Here’s the beer for this year:
- Old Thunderpussy: barleywine, 11.9% abv
- Smokestack Lightning: imperial stout, 10.7% abv
- Pride of Branthill: imperial ESB (extra special bitter), 8.9% abv
- Tweezer Tripel: abbey tripel, 10.1% abv
- Promised Land: imperial IPA, 11.5% abv
- Punch You in the Rye: strong rye ale, 8.0% abv
- Lord & Master: strong English blonde, 8.3% abv
- Triple Crisis: imperial IPA, 11.0% abv
- Red Giant: imperial red ale, 13.0% abv
- Oaked Drunken Monk: dark abbey ale, 9.5%
- Two Lane Blacktop: imperial black IPA, 9.8% abv
- Hendrick’s: imperial stout, 9.5% abv
This year’s theme is the 1978 Who album “Who Are You” featuring Nico “Roger Daltry” Freccia, Ben “John Entwistle” Spencer, Dave “Keith Moon” McLean and Shaun “Peter Townsend” O’Sullivan. Frankly, I think “Moon McLean” might stick as a nickname. Have all twelve strong beers, and you too might start singing “Brew Are You.” I really want to know.