By Jay Brooks
Friday, February 1st, 2013 at 10:12 pm in On Beer.
It’s February, and that means it’s time for the 11th annual Strong Beer Month, once again with six new extreme beers each at 21st Amendment and Magnolia throughout the month. Try them all, and you get to keep the commemorative logo glass. Just collect all 12 punches in your Strong Beer Month ticket before the beer’s all gone.
Here’s the beer for this year:
- Promised Land Imperial I.P.A.: 10.5% abv
- McLean’s Wee Heavy: 8.4% abv
- Delilah Jones Rye: 9.6% abv
- Quadlibet for Tenderfeet: 9.4% abv
- Old Thunderpussy Barleywine: 10.6% abv
- Smokestack Lightning Imperial Stout: 9.8% abv
- Lord & Master Strong English Blonde: 8.2% abv
- Dub Step Imperial I.P.A.: 10.2% abv
- Nelson, Jade, and Helga Imperial I.P.A.: 10.5% abv
- Red Giant Imperial Red Alek: 11%
- Two-Lane Blacktop Imperial Black I.P.A.: 10% abv
- Hendrick’s Imperial Stout: 8.6% abv
This year’s theme is the 1969 album “The Band” featuring Robbie Robertson, Rick Danko, John Simon, Levon Helm, Garth Hudson and Richard Manuel, and while I know the names, I couldn’t pick most of them out in a line-up, so I’m not sure who’s playing who this year.
And here’s the back cover, too: